Thursday, June 29, 2006

Students Kissing Teachers

Lance Corporal Boggs

This here is Lance Corporal Boggs.
L. Cpl Boggs was in Iraq in April and only came back home.
This photo is the first thing I had then ever seen from him, it was the dead of winter and he was wrapped thickly in his sleeping bag.


He is a really lively lad. Whenever we Had time, we have talked to each other. Comb it sometimes before I had heard nothing from him for weeks and then again we have two three days in a row away talked to each other.


When he came home again in April to Camp Pendleton he has done something that I will remember all my life. I could watch him as he danced alone arrogant by his room.


This scene moved me so much I cried out of joy for him. It was a unique feeling ihnd jump so through his room and dance to be seen. He is also one of my most loyal audience on HOOAH!! Radio und mitlerweile auch ein fester Bestandteil von Soldiers Angels.

L.Cpl Boggs ist der erste der für "Team Kongo" einen Brief geschrieben hat. Er hat mir ebenfalls erlaubt ein paar Worte daraus zu zitieren:

(...)Also.. I want to say that you all are hero's. Even if you dont get to leave the wire you are still a hero, because everyone is needed no matter what it is they do, its needed to be done... it doesnt matter if its clean the heads every day.. that has to be done to keep the guys from getting sick before a mission... thats just a crazy example... while i was over there my favorite person was the mail guy... because he would always let me know that i had mail.. that made my day every time ... lot of the time it was from soldier angels ... that was sending me something thats why I'm a big part of them today .. because they helped me, now i want to help them to help you (...)


When I asked him than what I should call him for now, because actually he was my unofficial epal, and now that he is part of Soldiers Angel, it is difficult to classify him somehow, but he said simply, "Call me a crazy Marine!" :)

repays him I want to express my personal gratitude, he participates in the team to Congo to support the German troops as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment